Do any of these seem familiar?
- You’re pretty much “together” in your life, but this food and weight thing has always been an issue. Always. It doesn’t seem like it should be so hard but for some reason you keep messing up. What’s going on?
- You often find yourself making “plans” about your eating or your body. That’s it, I’m going to completely cut out sugar this month…or go to that exercise class four times this week…or lose eight pounds by vacation. You make to-do lists and buy special foods and sometimes it even works…until it doesn’t. Then you are frustrated and defeated and a little panicked. How am I going to deal with this “thing”? It doesn’t seem like it should be so hard!
- Sometimes — and you might not have told anybody this — you feel out-of-control around food. You’re alone in your kitchen, or in front of the tv, and you just can’t seem to stop eating. It’s almost like you leave your body for a few minutes, or you go into a mini-trance. The word “bingeing” sounds kind of scary…but what exactly is happening to you?
- Sometimes you feel like you don’t even know how to eat. Does everyone spend so much time thinking and worrying about everything they put into their mouth? Does everyone have to put in so much effort to not be “fat”?
- You know that you shouldn’t worry so much about your weight. You’re a feminist! You believe that all bodies are beautiful! Except, it’s really hard to do let go of the idea that your life would be better if you lost a couple of pounds. And you know that’s affecting your relationship with food.
If you resonated with any of these statements, the Dessert Club is for you.
The Dessert Club is an 8-week, small-group course in how to have a happier, less stressful, and less crazy relationship with food. You shouldn't have to worry or think about food so much — really.
Dessert Clubs take place online, so you can join from anywhere in the world.
I just posted the dates for our summer sessions, and I wanted you to be the first to know!
Tuesdays, starting July 10
11 am PST/2 pm EST/7 pm BST
Tuesdays, starting July 10
5 pm PST/8 pm EST
Two more things that I wanted you to know:
1. A lot of people have been asking me for a more Europe-friendly group, and I’m excited to be offering one this time! I probably won't offer a Euro-friendly group time every time, though, so keep that in mind if you've been thinking about joining!
2. I will be raising the prices of the Dessert Club next time I offer the group, so if you’ve been wanting to join for a while, this could be a good time.
There’s so much more to know about the Dessert Club. If you’d like to know more about who is a good fit for the group, what we do together, and what past participants have thought, click here.
And, as always, feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions. I can’t wait to meet many of you soon :)
Cupcakes and food sanity,